Important Information for Cat Owners
Cats are very unique animals. Unlike dogs and humans, they are solitary strict carnivorous hunters but they can also be prey. This makes their behavior seem very different and sometimes difficult for us to understand. It is very important to learn about normal cat behavior to be a good cat owner and provide a healthy environment for your cat. Many feline medical and behavioral problems can be prevented by taking the time to learn about and understand cats.
Celtic Creatures recognizes this and strives to make our clinic a cat friendly environment as much as possible.
Below you will find some great resources:
The Indoor Cat Initiative:
This website was developed by the Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine to help cat owners to understand their cats and prevent behavioral and medical problems associated with stress. It is full of great information and resources for pet owners.
General Wellness Links:
- American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP)
- Wellcat For Life & Wellcat Log
- American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA)
- Veterinary Partner
- CATalyst Council
- Have we seen your cat lately?
- Cornell Feline Healthcare Videos And Article
- Dumb Friends League: Cat behaviour resources
- Clicker Training your Cat